Chitosan is insoluble in water but soluble in organic acids. It is soluble in low acidity aqueous solution, has good biocompatibility, no antigenicity, and insoluble in human liquid.
Chitosan CAS 9012-76-4
Chitosan is extracted from chitin, which can be easily found in the shells of lower animals and plants, such as arthropods (shrimp, crabs)…
Chitosan is non-toxic to the human body, a renewable resource, and will not cause secondary pollution to the environment, which is widely used in waste water treatment, food, chemical, and agricultural industries.
|Storage||at room temperature|
|Solubility||dilute aqueous acid(pH<6.5).: soluble|
|Appearance||White to Off-white Coarse ground flakes and powder|
|Stability||Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.|
- Of rich source;
- Easy to produce and film formation,
- With excellent preservation function;
- Of multiple medical benefits;
- Heavy metal absorption function;
- Biological function, safe and non-toxic, biodegradable and biocompatible, ideal in the medical industry;
- Very effective carrier of chemical fertilizer and pesticide which protect the environment;
- Natural renewable resources
- Marine life: annelids, mollusks, coelenterates, crustaceans, lobsters, crabs, shrimps, prawns, krill
- Insects: scorpions, spiders, gills, ants, cockroaches, beetles
- Microorganism: green algae, yeast, fungi, Penicillium, brown algae, spores, chytrid fungi, branchiomyces, ascomycetes
- In food industry: As natural preservative and stabilizer: In acid mildew prevention, chitosan can form a transparent semi-permeable film on salted products, baked products, bread, oily food, etc.
- As natural thickeners, gelling agent and binder;
- In environmental protection: As sewage treatment agent, precipitant for industrial and city waste water, which can adsorb cadmium, mercury, copper, and other heavy metal ions in water as well.
- In medical and health care industry: As medical ingredient, gene transfer system, biodegradable membrane, and skeleton in tissue engineering, with the functions of improving immunity, activating cells, preventing cancer, lowering blood lipid, blood pressure, anti-aging, and regulating body environment
- In the functional materials area: chitosan can be used in membrane materials, carriers, adsorbents, fibers, medical materials, etc.
- In the field of light textile: chitosan can be used in fabric finishing, health underwear, paper making additives, etc.
- In the agricultural area: chitosan can be used in feed addition, seed treatment, soil improvement, fruit preservation, etc.
- In the field of tobacco, chitosan is a tobacco sheet glue with good performance, and has the characteristics of improving taste, non-toxic combustion, and no odor.
|Grade||Deacetylation Degree||Molecular Weight||Viscosity|
|1. Industrial Grade||80%||20,000 to 3,000,000||20cps to 3000cps|
|2. Agricultural Grade||80%||20,000 to 3,000,000||20cps to 3000cps|
|3. Food Grade||85% to 90%||20,000 to 200,000||20cps to 200cps|
|4. Cosmetics Grade||85%||50,000 to 100,000|
50cps to 100cps
Water Soluble or Non Water Soluble
|5. Pharmaceuticals Grade||85%||50,000 to 100,000||50cps to 100cps|
|Viscosity||20-500Mpa.s||USP 35 <911>|
|Deacetyiation||70%-95%||USP 35 <761>|
|Particle Size(mesh)||≥80||USP 35 <786>|
|Moisture||≤10.0%||USP 35 <731>|
|Ash Content||≤2.0%||USP 35 <281>|
|Heavy Metals||≤10.0 mg/kg||USP 35 <231>|
|Pb||≤0.5 mg/kg||USP 35 <251>|
|As||≤1.0 mg/kg||USP 35 <211>|
|Hg||≤0.3 mg/kg||USP 35 <261>|
|Total plate count||≤1000 CFU/g||Complies|
|Yeast & mold||≤100 CFU /g||Complies|
Enter your email address to receive all news, updates on new arrivals,
special offers and other discount information.