Berberine hydrochloride is a light yellow crystalline powder, odorless and with very bitter taste. It is soluble in boiling water, difficult to dissolve in cold water, insoluble in ethanol, ether, and chloroform.
Berberine HCL CAS 633-65-8
With Chinese mahonia (Mahonia fortune) or Sargent barberry bark is crushed and extracted with sulfuric acid, then precipitate with hydrochloric acid, and then refined to berberine hydrochloride. Clinical use as antimicrobial agents.
Berberine hydrochloride is mostly used as an antimicrobial agent.
- Is effective in the treatment of gastroenteritis, bacterial dysentery and other intestinal infections, eye conjunctivitis, suppurative otitis media and so on.
- It has also been found to block α-receptors and have anti-arrhythmia effects.
- Can be used for the inspection of nitrate;
- Clinical use: as an active drug for intestinal infections such as gastroenteritis and bacillary dysentery caused by pathogenic bacteria.
- It has a weak inhibitory effect on bacteria (mainly dysentery, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus), and reduces the number of pili on the upper surface of bacterial, so that the bacteria are not easy to attach to human cells, so that it can relieve the gastrointestinal ulcer of the stomach and duodenum.
- The antimicrobial drug is used to treat intestinal infections caused by dysentery bacillus.
|Product name||Berberine hydrochloride|
|Storage||2-8°C in cool, dry, and ventilated place, away from food or flammable products.|
|Solubility||soluble in cold water and methanol|
|Appearance||Yellow crystalline powder|
Berberine hydrochloride is widely used as an antimicrobial agent in medical use, which is effective in curing gastroenteritis, bacterial dysentery and other intestinal infections, eye conjunctivitis, suppurative otitis media, and so on.
|Flavor & Odor||Characteristic|
|Particle size||100% pass 80 mesh|
|Loss on Drying||≤5.0%|
|Total micro bacterial count||≤1000cfu/g|
|Yeast & Mold||≤100cfu/g|
Enter your email address to receive all news, updates on new arrivals,
special offers and other discount information.